10 Home Remedies For Premature Graying Of Hair !
Nowadays, graying of hair is a great concern for younger adults in their 20 y or 30 years old. Premature graying of hair, makes people look older than they really are.
– This hair issue can be caused by many factors such as:
– Hormonal fluctuations
– Genetic predisposition
– Thyroid disorders
– Chronic colds
– Poor nutrition
Graying of hair is due to low amounts of melanin, the pigment that gives the hair its color. The melanocyte activity slows down with age and the body gradually stops its production. Instead of using chemical-laden and commercial hair colors, try some natural home remedy for your grayish strands. Eating a nutritious diet is vital for healthy hair. Lack of certain minerals and vitamins such as iron, Vitamin B, iodine, and copper can contribute to this hair issue.
– Here we present you the top 10 natural home remedies that can slow down the process of premature graying:
1. Curry Leaves
With a combination of curry leaves and coconut oil, you can increase darker pigmentation in your hair.
– You need to put one tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan, and add a handful of fresh curry leaves.
– Boil them until the leaves become charred.
– Then strain the mixture.
– Massage it into your hair.
– Leave it on for 30 to 45 minutes before rinsing it out.
– Do this treatment at least once or twice a week.
2. Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is extremely beneficial for the hair’s health. It stimulates hair growth, moisturizes your hair, adds luster to it and fights against infections. When used for a prolonged time, its antioxidants will reverse your gray hair.
– Combine 3 tablespoons of lemon juice in coconut oil enough for the length of your hair.
– Apply the mixture to your hair and massage your scalp.
– Leave it on for at least an hour before washing your hair with a shampoo.
– Do this once a week.
3. Blackstrap Molasses
Blackstrap molasses is a popular and effective home remedy to prevent and reduce the problem of gray hair. It is high in copper, which helps with the production of hair pigment. Consuming blackstrap molasses will supply you with 14% of the daily recommended dose of copper. Moreover, it includes other trace minerals such as selenium, iron, and magnesium. For better results, you should consume a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses every morning for at least a few months.
4. Black Tea
Black tea is very effective for treating premature greying of hair.
– Boil 2 teaspoons of black tea in a cup of water.
– Add a teaspoon of salt and let it cool.
– Wash your hair with this tea several times, and on the last time, allow it to stay for 15-20 minutes.
– Finally, rinse your hair with cold water without a shampoo.
– Repeat this twice a week to stay away from gray hair.
5. Black Sesame Seeds
Traditional Chinese medicine considers black sesame seeds as highly effective in eliminating the issue of premature graying of hair. They supposedly support melanocyte activity which produce melanin. Black sesame seeds are rich in iron, magnesium, protein, copper, and phosphorus. You just have to eat a teaspoon of these seeds every day in the period of minimum 3 months. Your hair, also will be thankful if you apply some sesame oil on it.
6. Indian Gooseberry
Amla, or Indian gooseberry, is great for a variety of hair problems including premature graying, dull hair, and hair loss.This fruit contains high amounts of antioxidants and vitamin C. Besides consuming Indian gooseberry, you can also apply ampla pulp or amla oil on your hair.
– You just have to boil several dried Indian gooseberries or amla powder in a coconut oil, until they become charred.
– Then, allow the oil to cool and apply it on your scalp and hair.
– Leave it on overnight, or at least for an hour, before rinsing it out.
– This hair treatment should be done twice a week.
You can also mix an equal almond oil and Indian gooseberry juice and add some lime juice. Not only that this mixture will reduce the graying of your hair, but it will also support its healthy growth.
Besides henna will darken your hair, it will also condition and strengthen your lustrous locks.
– You can make a paste of grinded henna leaves, 1 tablespoon of coffee powder, 3 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry powder, and a bit plain yogurt.
– Spread the mixture equally on your hair.
– After it dries, rinse it out and then shampoo your hair as always.
– Repeat the process once every 2 to 4 weeks.
– You can also make a mask by mixing henna powder with hot black coffee.
– Cover the bowl and let it sit for a few hours.
– Spread the mask on your hair, leave it for 1-3 hours.
– Wash your hair with a shampoo.
8. Sage and Rosemary
Sage and rosemary are herbs which are very effective in naturally darkening your hair color.
– Take half a cup of rosemary and half a cup of sage and boil in water for 30 minutes.
– Allow to cool for 2–3 hours then apply to hair and scalp.
– Leave it stay for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing it out.
– Do this once a week.
9. Onion Juice
This juice is an excellent home remedy for premature graying and thin hair. Researchers have found that graying of the hair is mainly caused by hydrogen peroxide accumulation at the hair follicles’ bases and a decrease in a natural antioxidant compound, called catalase. Onion juice supports catalase’s production.
– Massage your scalp with an onion juice.
– Leave it on for about 30 minutes to an hour.
– Do this hair treatment every day for a few weeks.
Amaranth helps hair retain its black pigment and promotes hair growth.
– First, you need to wash your hair with a shampoo.
– Then apply fresh juice extracted from leaves of amaranth on your scalp and hair.
– Rinse your hair with clean water.
Follow these home remedies regularly for a few weeks or sometimes even months to see noticeable results. After all, patience is a virtue!